Lifetime Learning Programme (PLLP)
Control Products and Protocols
Project will involve you in reviewing and comparing the flea control preparations
available in your practice and writing a brief report.
Your report will count as 10 Continuing
Education points towards your annual PLLP target of 90 points,
Provet will send you an appraisal of your Entry. The best entries will be judged
and you may win an Award !
Write a brief report to include the following :
- A table of all the flea control products that you
stock, and which species they are indicated for use in
- Compare your list of products with a current
veterinary formulary and determine :
- Are there any types of anti-flea preparation
available which have different modes of action to the ones stocked by
your practice ?
- Do your stock lines contain anti-flea products
same mode of action ?
- A table comparing the cost to your practice, and
the cost to your client, of routine prevention when using each
product according to the manufacturers recommendations
- List any side-effects mentioned in
the datasheets of the products that you stock
- Apart from treating the animal and the environment
what other recommendations (if any) do you give to owners in your practice
- Conclude whether any changes in your stocking or
recommended flea control protocols are needed
- Make any other comments that you would like
completed send the report by email (in .doc format) to the Course Organiser:
For more information about the Provet Lifetime
Learning Programme :